COS is for women and men who want high fashion with good quality at an affordable price. We purchase our products from around 60 suppliers, which are located in Europe and Asia.
40 Argyll Street
London, W1F 7EB
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7434 4800
We want our products to be manufactured under good working conditions. This is why we have a code of conduct. Our code is based on ILO's core conventions and the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and includes the following supplier requirements:
- compliance with local labour law
- statutory pay and working hours
- the right to organise and bargain collectively
- a ban on child labour
- a ban on discrimination
- a ban on forced labour
- health and safety in the workplace
- compliance with local environmental legislation
All suppliers of garments and other products that bear the COS brand commit to our code of conduct. When our suppliers sign our code of conduct, they also agree to undergoing audits that serve to assess their compliance with the code. This means that we may conduct announced or unannounced audits at any time.
All products sold under the COS brand name are covered by our code of conduct. For products in limited quantity sold under other brand names, exceptions may apply.
MONITORING CODE OF CONDUCT COMPLIANCE
At the outset of a supplier relationship, we carry out an extensive audit. The aim is to obtain as accurate a picture as possible of social and environmental practices and conditions.
The audit includes over 300 questions and each audit takes two to six working days to complete.
During the audit the auditors inspect the plant, go through employment contracts, timesheets, payroll reports and other documentation as well as talk to factory employees and management. After each audit the results are discussed with the supplier. The supplier is then given a certain period in which to draw up a plan for remedying any deficiencies. The implementation of such measures is followed up by the auditors.
Read more about our supplier requirements, monitoring process and improvement projects at www.hm.com/csr
Please note that all prices and product information on cosstores.com are subject to change and some garments are only available in selected stores.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
Mäster Samuelsgatan 46
106 38 Stockholm
Telephone: +46 (0)8 796 55 00
Fax: +46 (0)8 24 80 78
Companies register: Bolagsverket/Swedish Companies Registration Office
Company registration number: 556042-7220
VAT registration number: VAT NO. SE556042722001
Hennes & Mauritz works to ensure that your integrity is maintained on the Internet. We have therefore produced a policy for how your personal information is used. The content of the policy can be changed on an ongoing basis and therefore you should read through it again when you visit our website next time.
We accept responsibility for all the personal information such as your name, address and any other personal details that you provide us with or that we find out on recruitment or in competitions. The information is kept within the group H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB and its subsidiaries as the party responsible for personal data.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB will not pass on your personal details to third parties.
Why do we take your details and what are they used for?
We use the information that we collect to fulfill our commitments to you and to provide you with the service that you expect. This includes sending you information and offers for marketing purposes. In registering your interest/making an application you consent to our processing your personal details in a recruitment process. We will only store your details subsequently with your consent. It is H&M policy not to request sensitive information from applicants via our website. Therefore do not submit sensitive information (e.g. racial/ethnic origin, political views, religious/philosophical convictions, membership of trade unions, health, sex life) when you register your interest or send your application to us. We always try to respond to applications as quickly as possible.
cosstores.com may contain links to other websites beyond our control. We cannot be held liable for breaches of integrity or content on these websites - we simply provide the links to make it easier for people visiting our site to find more information within specific areas.
We cannot guarantee that the colours shown on the website exactly reproduce the colours of the actual garments. This partly depends on the colour reproduction on your computer.
Copyright H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB 2007. All rights reserved. All materials contained within this site are protected by copyright belonging to H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB.
COS COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions by H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (“COS”) on www.cosstores.com unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (COS), 556042-7220, SE-106 38 Stockholm.
3. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice”) and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of differences or discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
4. COS reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside COS’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of COS shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of COS or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, production of a television programme to which a Competition relates, or any advertising agency or web company connected with the Competition or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Competition. COS reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alterative winner) if COS is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence. These will be set out in the Competition Notice.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. You also confirm that you take the full responsibility that you own the rights to use all the information used in your competition entry. COS reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants, and disqualify and remove any entries based on suspicion of copyright, or any other intellectual property right, infringement.
9. The address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. You are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, COS’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
10. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, COS assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition you warrant that you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and COS assumes that by entering the Competition you warrant that you are of the appropriate age to enter the Competition.
11. COS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules or in any way act in a misleading manner.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, COS in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. COS cannot be held responsible for any costs associated with winning the prize, else than what is specified in the Competition Notice. If costs such as lodging, travel, taxes or loss of income would arise as a result of winning the Competition, they shall be covered by you.
14. You may enter the Competition once.
15. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
16. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
17. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. COS cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside COS’s control.
18. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, COS does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
19. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, prize winners will be chosen by COS. Tie-breakers will be judged by COS and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and COS shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
20. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice (and may be contacted by COS or COS’s nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on any of COS’s websites.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. COS reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time. 23. Prizes are awarded at COS’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, COS and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. COS reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
25. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
26. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with the Competition.
27. In consideration of COS agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that COS (and third parties authorised by COS) may make any and all Entries available on the website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant COS (and third parties authorised by COS) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
28. Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, COS reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
29. COS does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. COS may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
30. H&M cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. COS is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and COS reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
32. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party except as mentioned above. Data relating to entrants will be retained by COS for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist COS to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
33. The Competition and Rules will be governed by Swedish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden. COS makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at any locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Competition outside of Sweden, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.